Nearly half of Australian businesses are hit by cybercrime. Be aware it could happen to you.
- Stay up-to-date with cyber security by visiting ACORN.
- Keep all software up-to-date and use anti-virus.
- Protect your passwords. Keep them unique and strong. Don’t share them and use a password manager.
- Use 2-factor authentication on all accounts, especially important admin accounts. Then you always know where and when your accounts are being accessed.
- Protect your data. Make backups and use secure wifi encryption.
- Protect your mobile devices. Use PIN or TouchID and enable remote wipe.
- Lock before you walk. Lock it up or lock it down before you leave.
- Think before you click. Curiosity, urgency, fear and greed are just some of the ways they can get you to bite.